Utilize Eyelash Primer After your eyelashes have been curled, apply a primer. "Be sure and let the primer dry first before moving on to your mascara application," says Ehrlich. Primer adds curl and definition to the eyelashes, and helps mascara formulas adhere to lashes more cleanly. In short, you'll see less smudging.
Why does my mascara always transfer under my eyes?
"The oil in our skin, or creamy products applied around the eyes, can make the pigment of the mascara transfer onto skin, even after the mascara is dry," says Nikki Wolff, the global creative director of artistry for KVD Beauty. Even if your skin isn't naturally oily, sweat and heat can cause mascara to run.
Does setting spray stop mascara smudging?
Setting sprays help to lock in your makeup, including mascara, making it more resistant to smudging or running. Carry a clean spoolie: Keep a clean mascara wand or spoolie brush with you during the day.
How do you prevent under eye makeup transfer?
5 MAGIC TIPS to prevent makeup transfer
- Make sure your face is clean and hydrated! For a successful makeup application that stays in place, you should always start with a clean and hydrated canvas!
- Always use a primer!
- Apply your makeup in small amounts!
- Always use a setting spray!
- Tilbury tip!
What does putting on Vaseline before mascara do?
Pro-tip: You can also apply petroleum jelly before applying mascara to prevent the lashes from becoming dry and brittle and to make it easier for the eye makeup to come off in one gentle swipe.
How do I keep my mascara from smudging under my eyes?
How to Stop Your Mascara From Smudging
- Tip 1: Use a Waterproof or Water-Resistant Mascara.
- Tip 2: Let Your Mascara Dry Between Each Coat.
- Tip 3: Apply Carefully.
- Tip 4: Use an Eyeshadow Primer.
- Tip 5: Let Your Eye Cream Dry Down.
- Tip 6: Set Your Under-Eye Area With Powder.
- Tip 7: Keep Blotting Tools on Hand.