The effects of keratin treatment can last for a few weeks up to about 6 months. After that, your hair will return to its original texture. To make it last longer, you should: Avoid wetting your hair for at least three days after treatment.
What to expect after your first keratin treatment?
The outcome would be silky, lustrous, manageable hair that, when properly cared for, would last you at least three to four months. It is advised to use a decent dry shampoo after the procedure because you cannot wash your hair or put rubber bands in your hair for at least 48 hours.
What you Cannot do after keratin treatment?
- DON'T wash or wet hair for 72 hours (3 days).
- DON'T tie hair into a ponytail as this may leave a lasting impression.
- DON'T wear hair clips, hair bands or bobby pins as these may leave a lasting impression.
- DON'T place hair behind ears for long periods of time.
How long do you have to leave your hair in after keratin treatment?
It's recommended to wait at least 72 hours before washing your hair after a keratin treatment. After that, wash your hair as often as needed based on your hair type and personal preference. However, washing your hair daily is not recommended.
Do I really need to wait 3 days to wash hair after keratin?
Waiting for three days before washing your hair after a keratin treatment is essential for the longevity and effectiveness of the treatment. During the waiting period, the keratin protein needs time to fully bond with your hair strands, creating a protective barrier that smooths the cuticles and eliminates frizz.
How do you maintain your hair after keratin treatment?
Best Ways to Make Your Keratin Treatment Last Longer
- Wash Your Hair Less.
- Use a Premium Quality, Sulfate-Free Gentle Shampoo.
- Avoid Heat Styling.
- Less Styling Products.
- Avoid Touching Your Hair.
- Stop Using Heavy Hair Oils.
- Use a top-notch hair serum.
- Don't Towel Dry Your Hair.