Missing Your Natural Hair Color? Here's How to Get it Back
- Create a plan with a professional. There's no one solution for transitioning back to your natural color.
- Consider a shorter cut.
- Dye to match your natural hue.
- Highlight or lowlight to blur your line of growth.
- Support your hair color transition with products.
How do you regain natural hair color?
The rate of loss of hair colour is actually written within your genes. So, if your parents experienced greying early in their lives, you might too. However, it is not possible to restore your hair's colour, unlike what most claims on the internet might tell you. Your hair follicles cannot produce melanin on their own.
How can I refresh my natural hair color?
Do a Gloss Treatment. One of the best ways to stretch out the time between coloring, a hair gloss treatment is a semi-permanent process that can make your strands shinier and color brighter. You can choose between either a clear gloss, which just adds shine, or a color gloss, which can add a subtle change in shade.
How to get your hair back to its natural color home remedies?
Baking Soda Paste. Baking soda can be an effective way to remove permanent hair dye naturally because of its lightening properties. Try mixing baking soda with lemon juice, which is acidic, to create a paste. Then, work the paste through your hair, allow it to sit for five minutes, and rinse thoroughly.
Why is my natural hair color fading?
Hair color can fade due to a variety of factors, including frequent washing and styling, using products containing sulfates, added salts, and even alcohols, exposure to sunlight, UVA and UVB rays, and even minerals in your water, chlorine and other chemicals.
How can I revive my hair color?
Check out six simple ways to refresh your hair color at home, below.
- Use an At-Home Glossing Treatment.
- Use a Glossing System.
- Revamp Your Grown Out Color with Semi-Permanent Hair Color.
- Opt for Monochrome Color.
- Don't Underestimate Purple Shampoo.
- Try Temporary Root Touch-Up.